Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States and the largest development in New York City since Rockefeller Center. The site will include more than 18 million square feet of commercial and residential space, more than 100 shops, a collection of restaurants, approximately 4,000 residences, The Shed—New York’s first arts center to commission new work across the performing arts, visual arts, and popular culture, 14 acres of public open space, a 750-seat public school and an Equinox Hotel with more than 200 rooms—all offering unparalleled amenities for residents, employees and guests.
The Shops and Restaurants At Hudson Yards
Situated between 10 and 30 Hudson Yards, the shops and restaurants at Hudson Yards will be one of New York City’s premier locations for fashion and dining, setting a new benchmark for shopping in a dynamic, mixed-used setting. The 720,000-leasable-square-foot retail center will present to visitors and residents a carefully curated collection of top brands through its 100-plus shops, including New York City’s first Neiman Marcus, two-story mini anchor presentations by Zara and H&M, and a multitude of diverse fashion brands including AG Jeans by Adriano Goldschmied, Aritzia, Athleta, Banana Republic, Coach, Stuart Weitzman and Tory Burch; a beauty collection comprising The Body Shop, Kiehl’s, Jo Malone, MAC, Origins, and Sephora; and an extraordinary collection of global luxury watch brands, including Rolex, which will encompass a 6,000-square-foot Watches of Switzerland showroom.
The restaurants, co-curated by Chef Thomas Keller and restaurateur and developer Kenneth Himmel, will bring together a collection of indoor and outdoor dining experiences, lively bars and lounges, and New York’s most celebrated cuisine.
Designed by Elkus Manfredi Architects as a captivating interior space, as well as a vantage point for viewing the Public Square and Gardens and Vessel, this multi-level retail center will become a quintessential New York experience. The shops will also offer convenient access to the High Line and the No. 7 Subway station.
As a Customer Experience Ambassador, your primary focus will be to constantly engage with customers, determining and responding to their needs. You will collaborate with other departments in the building, such as security, housekeeping and engineering, to ensure a superior and unparalleled experience for which Related, and Hudson Yards, is known. The word “no” is not in your vocabulary; you will seek to creatively solve problems and find a way to surprise and delight our customers, so that they return to the shops and restaurants at Hudson Yards again and again.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Welcome customers (guests, shoppers, tenants) in a warm, gracious manner.
• Proactively seek out and develop rapport with customers by assessing what is important to them and addressing it.
• Stay current with the latest information on the shops, restaurants and attractions, including brand profiles, merchandise collections, and events/promotions.
• Share that information with customers when interactions with them require it.
• Guide customers to their destinations.
• Anticipate and answer customer inquiries.
• Facilitate various guest services, including restaurant reservations and attraction ticketing.
• Troubleshoot customer issues, concerns, or complaints; relay pertinent information to management.
• Ensure the retail center remains clean and tidy at all times; enlist the help of housekeeping crew, when necessary.
• Participate in loss prevention and risk management protocols; report security/safety concerns or threats to security personnel, immediately.
• Assist with retail center events and activities.
• Perform office duties on a temporary basis, as needed.
• Help management with other tasks and requests as needed.
• 3+ years’ experience in hospitality or guest services (or a relevant field).
• Minimum high school diploma.
• Fluent in English (speaking, reading). Additional languages (Mandarin or Cantonese) highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Warm, engaging, charismatic; natural ability to develop rapport with others in an authentic and sincere manner
• Practices good judgment; high level of integrity
• Proactive; takes initiative with minimal supervision
• Resourceful; thinks critically and finds solutions even without the obvious resources
• Agile and resilient; able to navigate challenging situations while remaining positive
• Observant; keen attention to detail
Related Is An Equal Opportunity Employer