Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States and the largest development in New York City since Rockefeller Center. The site will include more than 18 million square feet of commercial and residential space, state-of-the-art office towers, more than 100 shops including New York’s first Neiman Marcus, and a collection of restaurants curated by Chef Thomas Keller. The urban development will include approximately 4,000 residences, The Shed, a new center for artistic invention, 14 acres of public open space, a 750-seat public school and an Equinox® branded luxury hotel with more than 200 rooms—all offering unparalleled amenities for residents, employees and guests. The development of Hudson Yards will create more than 23,000 construction jobs.
Hudson Yards is the fulfillment of a remarkable collaboration that includes a talented group of visionaries – planners, architects, engineers, designers, public servants, fashion icons, renowned chefs, business leaders, luminaries and more. They are working in partnership with New York’s development and transportation authorities, and with some of the world’s most iconic retail brands and leading companies – each of whom will call Hudson Yards home.
Strategically located between 10th and 12th avenues from West 30th to West 34th Street, Hudson Yards is the center of the metropolitan region with unsurpassed connections to commuter rail service, the subway system, the West Side Highway, the Lincoln Tunnel and ferries along the Hudson River. The extension of the No. 7 Subway line, opened in 2015, arrives at Hudson Yards’ front door. In the nexus of Chelsea and Midtown West, this dynamic neighborhood is next to chic art galleries, award winning restaurants, popular bars and nightlife venues, and highly respected international fashion and design. The neighborhoods surrounding Hudson Yards, including Chelsea, West Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen are buzzing with chic art galleries, innovative restaurants and bars, and highly respected international fashion and design. City dwellers hungry for a taste of the outdoors now have a variety of green spaces to explore including the much-celebrated High Line, Hudson River Park and Hudson Park & Boulevard. With the new No. 7 Subway extension open as of fall 2015, getting to Hudson Yards will be fast and easy.
The Senior General Manager of 30 Hudson Yards will be responsible for managing the asset’s financial performance, reporting, ownership, stakeholders and visitors. The SGM must dictate the direction of the assets by understanding and managing: owner and stakeholder requirements and expectations, property staff and contractor performance, and current trends and best practices in the Manhattan Class-A Office and Retail markets. The SGM Manager will serve as the conduit between the Development/Asset Manager and Property Management Staff, acting as the “conductor” of asset execution.
In addition to the responsibilities of 30 Hudson Yards this position will oversee the general requirement for every office asset at Hudson Yards. 10HY and 55HY General Managers will report to this person. Leadership and communication skills will be imperative for this position.
• Fulfill all internal and external financial reporting requirements, serving as the sole individual responsible for 30 Hudson’s financial performance
• Oversee all stakeholder initiatives, construction activity, leasing, dispositions, budgeting, performance tracking and valuation.
• Continuously assess and reassess both Assets and its resources, defining the mission and vision, identifying priorities and objectives, and selecting valuable strategies to improve operations, accounting, lease administration and customer experience.
• Create and present monthly and/or quarterly reporting package(s) summarizing both Asset’s financial and operational performance in an institutional, yet innovative fashion.
• Be an integral leader in the creation and establishment of organizational strategies, policies, procedures, goals and objectives
• Build and maintain relationships with contacts for each stakeholder at 30 Hudson, ensuring honest and timely communication
• Manage all operational procurement and contracting for 30 Hudson Yards.
• Advanced understanding of how to analyze commercial or mixed-use asset financial statements, with the ability to use past experiences and knowledge to improve Net Operating Income without sacrificing stakeholder experience
• Love working with and serving our customers
• Strong character and work ethic, as this role will be taxing and require a significant commitment to time and depth of involvement
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and within a team
• Clear and demonstrated decision making capabilities
• Excellent financial leadership and experience for large Office, Retail, Mixed-use and/or Specialized assets
• Ability to support and inspire a flexible and innovative operating culture
• Knowledgeable and experienced in real estate operations, asset management and construction
• Innovative – desire for continual improvement and passion to be best in class
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Proficient in use of technology to solve business problems
• Positive, engaging, reliable and consistent
Education and Professional Qualifications:
• A college graduate with a four year degree
• Minimum of 10+ years of real estate operations and/or property management experience, with preference for candidates with experience in the Class-A Manhattan Office market
• Minimum of 5+ years managing people
• Experience managing an iconic, world-class real estate asset
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer