Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Related Management has a great career opportunity for an energetic and outstanding Administrative Assistant in Boulder, Colorado.
* Implement a detailed leasing and marketing plan
* Lease and give property tours
* Prepare weekly leasing and traffic reports
* New applicant interviews
* Process applications of move ins
* Maintain resident files
* Handle calculations for tenants with complex businesses and provide management with tenant relations
* Identifying households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent-adjustments
Benefits and features:
* Bilingual is a must. Spanish/English
* Minimum of two years' experience with demonstrated leasing or comparable experience
* Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
* Polished interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, customers, and associates.
* Ability to effectively present information to prospective or current residents
* Knowledge of LIHTC/Section 8
* Ability to handle high call volume from current and prospective residents
* Must have knowledge of Tax Credit policies and procedures
* Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping practices; office practices and procedures; filing and maintenance of fiscal records
* Ability to complete and apply all of the provided leasing, compliance and applications processing training.
* Must be capable of overseeing multiple functions simultaneously, with a keen sense of prioritizing
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.