The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents.
Location: Pomona, CA
Building Information: Sr Living Affordable Community
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.), fitness equipment, and waste management systems.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks. Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure vacant apartments are rent-ready in a timely manner. Manage make ready schedule and perform turnkey work as required. Manage vendor work appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, daily rounds, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Conduct apartment Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Collect and remove trash and debris including pet waste from building areas.
- Inspect building’s grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Maintain an injury free safety culture by following all policies and procedures and reporting any unsafe behavior or conditions including non-functioning equipment.
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- LIVE ON SITE APARTMENT
- Valid drivers' license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.