The Housing Program Administrator is responsible under the direction of the Affordable Housing Regional Program Director, to provide comprehensive and accurate coordination of all facets of affordable housing programs at designated sites in compliance with agency regulations, all company policies and procedures, and all applicable Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
The Housing Program Administrator may also have mentorship or training responsibility for Housing Program Administrator(s), Sr. Affordable Coordinator(s), Affordable Housing Coordinator(s) and/or Administrative Assistants, including participation in the hiring process, training, and mentoring as needed. The Housing Program Administrator may also have oversight responsibility for affordable housing programs within the Related Rentals Portfolio outside of NYC, including providing direction, training, and program planning to the on-site staff immediately responsible for the housing program at those sites.
The Housing Program Administrator has direct responsibility for the management of housing program(s) at selected sites and as a senior contributing member of the Affordable Housing Group. The Housing Program Administrator will contribute productively and creatively to the advancement of the goals of the Affordable Housing Group, including strategic and operational recommendations and planning. Fulfill all tasks as described in the job description and is responsive to the Exec. Vice President, Sr. Vice President, Vice Presidents, the Regional Manager/s, the Training and Development Specialist, the Sr. Director Affordable Housing, Director of Regulatory Administration and Fair Housing, and other executives and officers of Related Management Company, L.P. and the Related Companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Housing Program Administrator, under the direction of the Affordable Housing Regional Program Director, is responsible for:
- Applying Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing standards to all tasks.
- Completion of the renewal and recertification process for all program participatns.
- Preparation of all RMC-required and agency-required reports.
- Programs may include Low Income Housing Tax Credit Programs, Section 8 programs, Inclusionary Housing Programs, HOME programs, Tax Credit Bond programs, and other programs.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable functions as designated for all program participants including coordination with third-party agencies (NYCHA, etc.) and internal departments (Treasury, Accounts Receivable, etc.).
- Monitor rent balances and work with site staff, management, and subsidy agencies to reduce outstanding balances.
- Maintain active program management coordination with site staff including preparation for audits, inspections, and other reviews, both external and internal.
- Enforcement of affordable housing regulations and rental lease terms including coordination with attorneys representing Related Management Company and/or various ownership entities
- Ensure accuracy of recorded information about each affordable housing program.
- Initiation of new ideas, methods, and systems related to affordable housing processing.
- Development and maintenance of program related documentation such as Tenant Selection Plans, Affordable Fair Housing Marketing Plans and practices.
- May have training and mentoring responsibilities within the Affordable Housing Group, as appropiate.
- Responsible for maintaining productive resident relations with program participants, including processing of additional occupants, transfer processing, sublet processing, etc.
- May have participation in marketing and leasing functions related to all affordable housing programs and applications, including remarketing assessments and interviewing applicants.
- May have responsibility for processing applicant appeals, including in-person applicant meetings.
The Housing Program Administrator’s areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Application of the correct program guidelines consistently and accurately for each household in relation to its tenancy which includes the Low –Income-Housing Tax-Credit guidelines as per Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Service Code, the HUD 4350.3 Section 8 requirements, Inclusionary Housing Program Requirements, Bond Program Requirements, 421-a requirements, and in compliance with Related’s policies and procedures.
- Application of the guidelines referenced above including tasks such as Recertification Forms, Initial Certification Forms, Annual Owner Certifications, and Monthly/Quarterly Vacancy Reports, as well as reporting within RMC such as Recertification Ticklers, ELI Tracking, Sec 504 Tracking, audit responses, as applicable.
- Participates in the renewal and recertification processes of individual sites, such as timely recertifications of income and other eligibility requirements and the accurate, timely production of renewal leases.
- Completion of all reporting to outside agencies including vacancy reporting, annual reporting requirements, audit responses, rent registration.
- Interaction with city housing agencies in the processing of Section 8 voucher holders for affordable units within their designated portfolio of properties including payment problem resolution.
- Specific tasks in relation to Accounts Receivable functions including maintenance of lease charge updates, posting receipt of funds from Section 8 or other subsidy agencies, coordination with Treasury, completion of tenant move-in process on Accounts Receivable system and completion of tenant move-out process on Accounts Receivable system
- Regular on-site presence in order to advance the success of each site’s program and maintain communication about recertifications, renewals, rent delinquencies, audits, legal cases, tenant issues including lease or compliance infractions and maintain knowledge of each site.
- Regular review of delinquencies and coordination with site and reporting to management.
- Conduct all aspects of processing for occupant changes to existing households including interviews, background checks, Certification adjustments, and preparation of Lease Amendments.
- Conduct all aspects of transfer processing including confirmation of status as a tenant in good standing, meeting minimum income requirements, preparation and execution of new lease documents, and any and all other requirements in adherence with established transfer policies and procedures.
- Conduct all aspects of sublet processing for those programs permitting sublets as per Related policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain compliance documents such as Tenant Selection Plans, Affordable Fair Housing Marketing Plans, Site Narratives.
- Participation in and successful completion of training as assigned.
- Active participation in group meetings, contribution of ideas, promotion of successful branding of the Affordable Housing Group, Related Management, and the Related Companies.
- Mentorship and training of other Affordable Housing Group staff members including Housing Program Administrators, Sr. and Affordable Housing Coordinators and Administrative Assistants including hiring, training, reviewing, and mentoring.
- In conjunction with Training and Development Specialist, preparation and delivery of training regarding affordable housing program administration.
- Participation in leasing and marketing of affordable housing including marketing and rent-up activities for new developments, application lottery drawings, applicant interviews and processing according to RMC’s standards, reviewing and responding to applicant appeals, clerical tasks throughout the process, database management and application evaluation per program requirements.
- Special projects as assigned